Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tooth Fairy

We sure have had a lot of loose teeth around here lately.  So, with the Tooth Fairy on my mind, I thought I would share what we do at our house. 

 I made these Tooth Fairy cards as a way for the kids to remember this exciting event.  The Tooth Fairy leaves a card behind, along with a dollar.

We also make these cute little tooth pouches.  I do this little project with the kids individually when they have their first wiggly tooth.  I just used white felt and cut 2 tooth shapes.  I used embroidery floss and a large needle to sew with - great for their first sewing project.
  

 I also use the little bag (often found holding an extra button on a new garment) to hold those tiny little teeth while they wait for the Tooth Fairy to arrive.  We hang the tooth pouches on their bed posts for the Tooth Fairy.

We don't normally create too much hype about fictitious characters. We try to teach our kids that it's fun to believe in these characters even if they aren't really real. We find that this really liberates us and them to have fun without too much fear of them "finding out" or us "getting caught". The kids really have fun playing along and don't seem disappointed in the least.

So far, Little Buddy has quite a stash of these cards and Curly Girlie has gotten a few lately, too.  They have really enjoyed collecting these special little notes from the Tooth Fairy.  It's something they can hold on to long after the dollar is spent.

I hope you and your kids will enjoy these Tooth Fairy Cards, as much as we do!

Classified: Mom




3 comments:

  1. Super cute! I'm about two years away fom needing these, but my husband and I were just talking about what we were going to do. This is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! What a fun idea!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT Thanksgiving & see you next week, Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea! And a fun way to make memories. I'd love if you would come by and share this (or any other fun activities) at my first Thrifty Thursday Linky Party this week! Come check it out!

    http://www.playingwithwords365.com/2011/11/its-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year-and-a-little-about-my-new-linky-party/

    ReplyDelete