Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Curriculum Line-Up

For me summer time means planning and prepping for the next school year.  I feel very confident that the more planning I can get done now the more we'll be able to accomplish during the school year.  Without the dreaded...."oh, we can't do that yet, I don't have it ready!"  So, August has found me working diligently, every chance I get, to prepare for our coming school year.
Summer Time = Planning Time Series: Part 1

Since we have long winters here, we want to soak up as much of summer as we can.  So, we plan to start school right after Labor Day.  That leaves me with about  3 weeks to pull everything together. 

My curriculum is chosen.  I even ventured out and wrote some myself this time!  My orders have arrived like Christmas presents in the summer!  And now, I am organizing and prepping the curriculum to be ready for our school year. 

For me, this is one of the most important parts of preparing for homeschooling.  By diving into the curriculum and knowing how I want to approach each subject, I can establish our routine with confidence.  Each year brings certain changes to how we go about things.  I made some different curriculum choices this year, which will adjust our former routine a bit.  Plus, this year we add another "official" homeschooler to our class.  We will now have a 5th grader, 3rd grader, and Kindergartner (and a 1 year old to keep things lively!). 


Some systems will carry over from last year - like our binder system - so I am also working on  getting that ready now. 

Here's a look at our Curriculum Line-Up for this coming school year:

I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have about our curriculum line-up!  Just leave me a comment below!
Next in the series Summer Time = Planning Time, I will be focusing on how I organize our school year calendar and my new homeschool planner.



nbts-blog-hop-2013

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful year. We've use I can Do All Things before. Love it!

    Popping in from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stefanie! We actually started this a couple of years ago, but it fell to the wayside early - so hardly any of it was used. But my son loves to draw. And after meeting a Disney artist recently, I thought it was a good time to pick up that art curriculum again and give it a go. So glad to hear some positive feedback on it.
      Andrea

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to your next post! I love to see how other moms get organized, and I know that's an area you are gifted in. Thanks for sharing! - Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandi! The new post is coming out tonight, Lord willing! These posts and all this prep has me very excited for the coming school year!!!

      Delete