Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kool-Aid Play Dough

As an incentive for my toddler to get dressed (we're trying to teach him to do it on his own) I promised play dough, but of course we have none.   I pulled down our play dough box and all we found were crumbles and hard pieces.  So I pulled out our favorite play dough recipe and the fun started!



Kool-Aid Play Dough
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 pkg. kool-aid unsweetened mix - any flavor
1 cup boiling water
1-1/2 to 2 tsp. oil

I boil the water in a large pyrex measuring bowl in the microwave.  Then I add the salt and try to desolve some of it before adding the kool-aid, flour and oil.  I mix it with a wooden spoon for awhile, since it's quite hot.  Then I give them each a chunk to roll out and knead.  The more the kids work it the smoother it gets!

Any flavor of kool-aid will work, but we didn't have much luck with pink lemonade - it came out almost white.  Our favs are grape and cherry.  Oh, the smell is wonderful - your little ones might be tempted to try a taste.  Although, it wouldn't hurt them any, just not taste very good!  You just might have to mix up some kool-aid to drink, as well.  But, alas, I'm out of that now too!

Have fun!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Once again I'm looking up this recipe from you. I've used your recipe for this for years! Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm glad to be a "go-to" resource for you! And thanks for the reminder - it's about time I fix another batch or two for us, as well. Perfect for rainy days like today. :)

      Delete