Friday, October 21, 2011

Yummy Dinner - Even a Hit with the Kids!

I had to share this dinner since it was such a big hit with my whole family!  It is seldom that I find something that everyone loves - so this one is pretty special.  It's a recipe from a Pampered Chef cookbook that I altered.  We call it Dorito Chicken.  So now you know why the kids loved it!  I don't buy Doritos often - they are so messy; orange everywhere!  So the kids thought it was cool to have Doritos be a part of our dinner. 

Here's my recipe (I can't take complete credit for it, like I said it was a recipe that I altered from a Pampered Chef cookbook):


4-5 chicken breasts
Juice from 1 or 2 limes
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 egg whites
Doritos
shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (can substitute with cheddar)



Set oven temp to 400 degrees.  Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.  Mix juice from limes, garlic and egg whites in a shallow dish.  Crumble Doritos into fine bits (I use a baggy, seal it and let the kids whack at it with a wooden spoon - a rolling pin works great too . . . for rolling, not whacking - that could be dangerous, at least at my house!!!) and pour into another shallow dish.  Dip each chicken breast into lime / egg mixture and then into Dorito crumbs and place onto a baking sheet.  If I have any leftover Dorito crumbs, I pack more onto each chicken breast.  No sense in wasting any!  Bake for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.  Top each with shredded cheese, bake 5 minutes more. 

I also whipped up some cheese quesadillas and rice pilaf.  I added the rest of the Doritos and some salsa to the table to round out the meal. I've never seen such full plates empty so quickly!

I'd love to know if Dorito Chicken becomes a hit a your house, too!
Enjoy!


abc button

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the dorito crumbs. I have never breaded anything with those but I love the taste so why not. I am a new follower from the Show and Tell Blog Hop. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Welcome, Vicky! I'd love to hear how you and your family like the recipe!

    ReplyDelete