Sunday, October 7, 2012

Encouragement


My oldest son has a t-shirt with a verse on it:

 
The Lord your God is with you,
He is mighty to save,
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

This verse has been on my mind lately. Maybe just from seeing him wear this t-shirt, or maybe God has a message for me. You never know where you might find a message from God...He's a very creative teacher!

His love really shines through to me in these words:

He will take great delight in me...even when my "plan" doesn't work.
He will quiet me with His love...when my mind is swirling with my "to-do list" or when I am feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. (And, yes, I need to be quieted often!)
He will rejoice over me with singing...even when my day flops.

What an encouragement!  Our Lord, our Savior, the Almighty God, takes the time to love us in such a way.  This verse just really touches my heart.  What a beautiful illustration He paints for us in these words! 

Hmmmm, could I show my children this kind of love?  Could I take what He gives me and share that with them?  Could I show them His love by performing this beautiful illustration on them?  Hmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. I know I need to delight in mine more and rejoice over them! Thanks for reminder!!

    ReplyDelete