Saturday, June 8, 2013

June's Reading List


Well, I'm a bit late in getting this post out...but we still have lots of days in June to fill with reading! 

Last month was our first go at having a reading list.  And I think we did very well!  We didn't get to all the chapter books, so I only put 3 on the list this month.  We did get to most of the picture books multiple times, but occasionally forgot to mark them on our chart.  Overall, I was very encouraged by the increased amount of reading time we spent together. 

And now that summer is starting, and summer reading games are popping up all over, I am sure our drive to increase our reading time will continue to grow. 
 
I was excited to pull out several "daddy" books to go with Father's Day this month.

 

June's Reading List

Chapter Books:
More Stories from Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson
Mrs. Piggle Wiggle by Betty MacDonald
Mercy Watson by Kate DiCamillo


Picture Books:
Hit the Ball, Duck by Jez Alborough
Over in the Meadow  by Ezra Jack Keats
Animal Strike at the Zoo  by Karma Wilson
Is Your Mama a Llama by Deborah Guarino
Duck on a Bike by David Shannon
Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
Lola at the Library by Anna McQuinn
What Dad's Can't Do by Douglas Wood
Me and My Dad! by Alison Ritchie
Daddy is a Doodlebug by Bruce Degen
Do Princesses Really Kiss Frogs? by Carmela LaVigna Coyle
How I Became a Pirate by Melinda Long
Old MacDonald Had a Farm Illustrated by Holly Berry
Caps for Sale Told and Illustrated by Esphyr Slobodkina

Board Books:
The Ants Go Marching  Wee Sing Board Book
Moo Baa La La La by Sandra Boynton
The Napping House by Audrey and Don Wood

What are your reading plans for the month!  I'd love to hear what some of your favorite summer books are.  Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment