Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Giving Thanks: Day 10

I have decided to undertake the challenge of finding
one thing
to be thankful for...........each day this month.   

It is amazing how a thankful heart can change your perspective - how being thankful for even the littlest things in life can bring a new joy or peace where there was once anxiety or frustration. 

I know this task will be a blessing to me.  And I pray that my list may somehow bless others - maybe bring that reminder, or spark a thought of something you are also grateful for. 

Day 1: I am grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Day 2: I am grateful for my husband.
Day 3: I am grateful for "Touchdown".
Day 4: I am grateful for "Curly Girly".
Day 5: I am grateful for "Squirt".
Day 6: I am grateful for "Sweetness".
Day 7: I am grateful that I am a mom.
Day 8: I am grateful that I can homeschool.
Day 9: I am grateful for God's Word.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Day 10:
I am grateful for my home.
 

I find fault with it almost daily.  I dream of the "perfect house" - - - you know, that one that you see in the magazines - it's perfect........it's clean! 
Yet this home - my home - holds my family.  It holds my children's treasures.  It holds our plans and our dreams.  It holds our memories.  It holds our keepsakes.  My children are free here - free to express themselves, free to try something new, free to be themselves.  My home shelters us from storms - its strong structure keeps out the wind, rain and snow.  It can also be a place to heal from that heartache or just that common cold.  And it's OUR home.  And I am so thankful that God has provided for us in such a beautiful way. 
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What are you thankful for today?  I'd love to hear from you

No comments:

Post a Comment