Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 Days of Giving Thanks: Day 13

I have decided to undertake the challenge of finding
one thing
to be thankful for...........each day this month.   

It is amazing how a thankful heart can change your perspective - how being thankful for even the littlest things in life can bring a new joy or peace where there was once anxiety or frustration. 

I know this task will be a blessing to me.  And I pray that my list may somehow bless others - maybe bring that reminder, or spark a thought of something you are also grateful for. 

Day 1: I am grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Day 2: I am grateful for my husband.
Day 3: I am grateful for "Touchdown".
Day 4: I am grateful for "Curly Girly".
Day 5: I am grateful for "Squirt".
Day 6: I am grateful for "Sweetness".
Day 7: I am grateful that I am a mom.
Day 8: I am grateful that I can homeschool.
Day 9: I am grateful for God's Word.
Day 10: I am grateful for my home.
Day 11: I am grateful for books.
Day 12: I am thankful for my church.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Day 13:
I am thankful for my van.
 
It seems silly.........I'm not really into cars and whatnot, but my van is a pretty important tool for our family.  It provides us with a safe way to get to where we want to go.  It provides enough space for all of us and any belongings we need to take along.  And I love the little features like the automatic door that I can open for my kiddos from my key ring.  It's great to know that I can get them safely out of parking lots and into the van with little effort, even when my hands are full with their baby sister.  It's the little things............
Funny thing - I insisted the automatic door was a feature we didn't need when we were van shopping a few years ago.  I owe it all to my great hubby and his foresight on this one.
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What are you thankful for today?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment