Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Giving Thanks: Day 8

I have decided to undertake the challenge of finding
one thing
to be thankful for...........each day this month.   

It is amazing how a thankful heart can change your perspective - how being thankful for even the littlest things in life can bring a new joy or peace where there was once anxiety or frustration. 

I know this task will be a blessing to me.  And I pray that my list may somehow bless others - maybe bring that reminder, or spark a thought of something you are also grateful for. 

Day 1: I am grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Day 2: I am grateful for my husband.
Day 3: I am grateful for "Touchdown".
Day 4: I am grateful for "Curly Girly".
Day 5: I am grateful for "Squirt".
Day 6: I am grateful for "Sweetness".
Day 7: I am grateful that I am a mom.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Day 8:
I am grateful that I can homeschool.
 

 Homeschooling wasn't the original plan for us.  I was an elementary teacher.  I imagined my children someday attending the same school I taught at.  I thought it would be prefect - we'd be on the same schedule, they could hang out in my classroom while I worked on stuff after school, I'd be close by if they needed me, etc.  It seemed ideal.  Until then, I greatly desired to stay home with my children while they were little.   But as those school days started drawing closer for my oldest, we started getting an uneasy feeling about sending him school.  Nothing was wrong, it just didn't feel right.  I started hearing more about homeschooling, and before we knew it, we were on board!  It's amazing how God can change your perspective and even change your dreams.  Homeschooling my children, spending more time with them, watching them learn and grow and having fun with them along the way is so much better than anything I could have planned.  God is so good!
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What are you thankful for today?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment