Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rudolph, the Rootbeer Reindeer!

Check out these adorable gifts that we made up for our neighbors!


I can't take credit for the idea, though.  I got it from Jenn, The Purposeful Mom (thanks, Jenn!), who got the idea from Kim, Life of a Modern Mom

All you need is: Root beer bottles, brown chenille stems, wiggly eyes, and red pom-poms (I used 1/2 inch size pom-poms).



Trim off 2 inches from each stem and cut it in half.  You will be left with 1 long piece and 2 short pieces.  Wrap you long piece around the cap and add the short pieces to the tips to make the antlers.  Then, glue the eyes and nose on.  A hot glue gun may be easiest, but I seem to have misplaced mine!!!  So we just used craft glue and it worked well, just took longer to dry.

My Little Buddy came up the phrase: "Rudolph, the Root beer Reindeer", so we are hoping to sing that line to our neighbors when they answer the door!

1 comment:

  1. Such fun! They turned out super cute. I'm so glad somebody made them (perhaps I'll actually DO them next year instead of just pin them!) :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete